It was 5 years ago this week that we got ourselves engaged. We sat up late last night just laughing about the whole thing. We had been good friends for a while and he took me to an aquabats concert in Salt Lake - we've always decided that that was the turning point for our relationship. Who knew that the aquabats could affect you like that - bah ha. After that, we were retarded - we had talked and joke about getting married and one day it was kind of like - uh what do you really think about it? I brought him home to meet the folks. He wanted to talk to my dads, he was pretty nervous even though it wasn't really an asking permission thing. My dad ended up in the ER that night from some kind of food poisoning before he had a chance to him talk about it - not a good sign - it just made him more nervous. Once that was over he wanted to make it official and took me to the Temple grounds on our way out of town. As he got down on one knee to ask me, I could see a security guard in the background walking up toward us. It kind of ruined it for me, I was triying not to laugh or cry - I hate getting in trouble. I think he was disappointed that I didn't cry. It was late and long story short - we got kicked off the temple grounds. We joked after that that they probably had photos hanging up somewhere with instructions not to let us come back, of course we knew that wasn't the case. It didn't go as he had planned, but it was a memorable proposal anyway. I wouldn't have had it any other way.
Friday, February 22, 2008
It was 5 years ago this week that we got ourselves engaged. We sat up late last night just laughing about the whole thing. We had been good friends for a while and he took me to an aquabats concert in Salt Lake - we've always decided that that was the turning point for our relationship. Who knew that the aquabats could affect you like that - bah ha. After that, we were retarded - we had talked and joke about getting married and one day it was kind of like - uh what do you really think about it? I brought him home to meet the folks. He wanted to talk to my dads, he was pretty nervous even though it wasn't really an asking permission thing. My dad ended up in the ER that night from some kind of food poisoning before he had a chance to him talk about it - not a good sign - it just made him more nervous. Once that was over he wanted to make it official and took me to the Temple grounds on our way out of town. As he got down on one knee to ask me, I could see a security guard in the background walking up toward us. It kind of ruined it for me, I was triying not to laugh or cry - I hate getting in trouble. I think he was disappointed that I didn't cry. It was late and long story short - we got kicked off the temple grounds. We joked after that that they probably had photos hanging up somewhere with instructions not to let us come back, of course we knew that wasn't the case. It didn't go as he had planned, but it was a memorable proposal anyway. I wouldn't have had it any other way.
4 comments:
I didn't know you had a blog! Sheesh! Yeah! Now I can know what's going on with you and you can know what's going on with me. We need to get more of our Ricks friends blogging. It's so much fun. P.S. Mikey has a blog there's a link on mine, it the PreecesPieces one. Hooray, I'm so happy you blog!
the new blog looks great! i love hearing those kinds of stories. i ruined Louis' proposal too if that makes you feel any better.
I hate getting in trouble, too! I would have been the same way.
That's so funny, you 2 are such troublemakers!! I'm sure you could have made the papers headlining "Groom carries bride over the threshold of the county jail."
Post a Comment