1. My sister and I got sushed at a Josh Groban concert. Okay, for starters it's a concert not a symphony or an opera or anything. We got tickets for free last minute, so we just went for fun. He is very talented, but he sang like 5 songs in a row in another language and by the fifth one they were all sounding the same. Anyway we were just chatting and this girl next to me totally leans over and says could you be quiet we're trying to listen. It was so hard not to laugh in her face - the concert was so loud. Were polite though - I do have manners.
2. I like decorating. I wouldn't say that I’m all that great at it or anything, but it’s fun. I woke up the yesterday and decided to paint our bedroom. It’s a work in progress; I definitely decorate on a budget so it takes a little while to get the big picture. I had a lot of fun doing Peanut’s room last year and our living room. Here are a few before and afters.



3. I love the ocean. I didn’t really care until after I married Officer. I’d been a couple times, as a kid, but it didn’t matter all that much. Officer took me to Monterey, CA for our honeymoon. It was beautiful – I was hooked. I think we’ve been back to the ocean at least once a year ever since. I really love just hanging out under water and watching it move.
Sounds stupid, but it does - all these little critters come to life. I got scuba certified last year, which was a whole other story, but after all the prep work we weren't able to scuba on our trip because I got sick, so we snorkeled a lot. I saw a billion different fish, lobsters, sea turtles, and even found a few octopus hiding in rocks. Also, Officer’s family goes diving for abalone most summers for the past 30+ years. I went for the first time a couple years ago. It’s great to camp so close to the ocean that you can hear it when you wake up. It’s just relaxing! I miss it now.
Sounds stupid, but it does - all these little critters come to life. I got scuba certified last year, which was a whole other story, but after all the prep work we weren't able to scuba on our trip because I got sick, so we snorkeled a lot. I saw a billion different fish, lobsters, sea turtles, and even found a few octopus hiding in rocks. Also, Officer’s family goes diving for abalone most summers for the past 30+ years. I went for the first time a couple years ago. It’s great to camp so close to the ocean that you can hear it when you wake up. It’s just relaxing! I miss it now.4. I won my office Halloween costume three years in a row. So - not a very flattering picture hello I was 37 weeks pregnant and still working full time. If you can't tell I was a deviled egg.
5. I'm allergic to kiwi - I just found that out. I used to eat them a lot and then one day my throat got all fuzzy and swelled up and I couldn't breathe. I thought maybe I didn't rinse and peel the skin off enough or something so I tried them again recently - same reaction. Bummer.
6. I'd have to say that this one takes the cake. The one time in my life I wore a bikin
i was last year when Officer and I took a trip to the Caribbean. I have to preface it by saying that I was working out and – dang I looked good. So…the funny part about it is that while we spent the day at the beach in St. Johns, Antigua we were playing around in near the shore and I totally got stung by a jelly fish. You know when you were younger and you would give someone a “horse bite.” That’s totally what it felt like - a really really bad horse bite at the top of my calf. As I’m screaming OUCH, OUCH, OUCH and running toward the beach guess what happens – hmm…only the obvious, my top came down. There you have it – the moral of the story is don’t wear a bikini; you might get stung by a jellyfish. And if wasn't hillarious enough, it was totally in the shape of a gold fish cracker! Weird.
i was last year when Officer and I took a trip to the Caribbean. I have to preface it by saying that I was working out and – dang I looked good. So…the funny part about it is that while we spent the day at the beach in St. Johns, Antigua we were playing around in near the shore and I totally got stung by a jelly fish. You know when you were younger and you would give someone a “horse bite.” That’s totally what it felt like - a really really bad horse bite at the top of my calf. As I’m screaming OUCH, OUCH, OUCH and running toward the beach guess what happens – hmm…only the obvious, my top came down. There you have it – the moral of the story is don’t wear a bikini; you might get stung by a jellyfish. And if wasn't hillarious enough, it was totally in the shape of a gold fish cracker! Weird. Well, how's that for complete randomness? I think I am going to tag Holly and Janna and anyone else who wants to! TAG You're IT!

3 comments:
I will never wear a bikini to the beach! I'll use this story as an excuse and ignore the fact that I would strike everyone blind if I did! Love the costumes.
Loved it! I loved your Halloween costumes, a deviled egg, too cute! And love the bikini story. I promise I will never wear a bikini. I don't want to get stung and have my top fall off (now that's what I call karma). Plus, the mommy flab isnt' so cute.
Sorry I missed that!! At least the jellyfish didn't sting you where your top came down! OUCHIE!
Post a Comment