
I've never cooked a turkey before, and I was really hoping to cook my first Thanksgiving dinner last year, but the fact that I was 41 weeks pregnant at the time I opted out. I have always been a little worried that if I were to just go for it on Thanksgiving that I would somehow manage to screw up the turkey, so I decided that last Sunday I'd do a trial run on the turkey. Yeah it was a lot of turkey, but you just can't beat left over turkey sandwiches.
Anyway I had a good ol' butterball turkey in my freezer that I managed to thaw without a hitch, but then came cleaning it out. To my surprise and dismay this bird, still had feathers!!! NO kidding. Now I am a novice at this whole thing, but I was under the assumption that when you buy a turkey at the grocery store they've pretty much taken care of all that for you. I was juggling this turkey around, got it all rinsed and then I seriously had to find a pair of pliers to yank the feathers out ( no I did not put them in my hat). I've never had the opportunity to be that up close and personal with a turkey before and I can't cay that I'm looking forward to it again.
Long story shortened Turkey came out great - so I was told anwyay, I was rather proud about that. So a couple days later I called Butterball about the whole feather siteeashun and thery're sending me another turkey - without feathers this time. Yeah, me . ( No that is not a picture of my turkey, this one was compliments of google - mine looked way better :)
3 comments:
Yummy! I'm like you, I'm totally paranoid about when I will have to actually make Thanksgiving dinner by myself. There are always so many expectations. I'm glad that you survived, feathers and all.
I'm so grateful that Doctor loves too cook! Good for you!
i commend you for even trying to cook a turkey!!! im gonna go ahead and wait a few years for that one!!!
Post a Comment