Sunday, June 15, 2008

Da-Da's girl!

No doubt about it, Miss Peanut is definately a daddy's girl. When he's home she is all smiles and begs for his undivided attention. She totally says da-da all the time. Most of the time I think it's just her talking, but she says it especially when he's around. I wasn't much of a daddy's girl myself, so it is fun to watch these two together. I just want Officer to know that I am so grateful for the Daddy that he is. I knew when I met him that he would be one of those dads, mostly a big kid, who would be silly and fun, but who would be patient enough to take opportunities to teach. Not so much Peanut right now, but he is so good with his nephew and nieces.
A couple years ago we went camping in California with his family where they spend a lot of time skin-diving. I didn't see him all that much at camp, he was off with the kids teaching games and causing trouble :) He took the time to take each of his nephews that wanted to out snorkeling in this little cove. For most of them it was their first time and Officer was able to teach them how to breathe through a snorkel and not panic with the movement of the waves or the cold water. It's not exactly warm in the Northern California ocean, the water was a sunny 51 degrees. Anyway, I know those boys will never for get that experience and they are the next generation of divers in the family. Last summer we were out in California again and Officer and his brother took the time to teach these boys how to shoot, but he and his brother made sure to teach them how to be safe with them as well. I've been a cub scout leader for a few months now den meetings are at our house. He is so helpful (cuz hello I'm not that good at knot tying and stuff) with teaching and directing these boys as well. I love watching these moments and I look forward to our experiences as parents.

It has been really hard recently with officer's new shift not allowing him to attend church with us on Sundays, but he sets an example by trying to at least make it to a church building to take the sacrament. He is also the elders quorum president and not being able to attend church doesn't help, but during the week he is always trying his best to serve our family and the ward. I'm grateful for that example now because I know that it will be important as Miss Peanut (and someday siblings) grows up.

When Peanut was first born there were a couple nights that after hours of a crying baby and eventually exhausted crying mommy Officer would get up (even though he was in the middle of some pretty stressful training and really long days at work) and he would say "Let me be the daddy - you go to sleep for a little while." Or he came home from work to find me unshowered, in PJs, mascara streaming down my face, changing the 15th diaper of the day and he'd say, "What can I fix for dinner?" I so appreciated that. Despite work and callings and exhausted upset wife and everything else, I know that he is an active loving daddy and husband. THANK YOU!

So from me and Miss Peanut, We love you and

Happy first Father's Day!


3 comments:

Linds said...

So cute!! What a nice thing to do for your hubby. I'm sure he appreciated it. Jared's just a big kid too. He's the fun parent, mommy's not so fun.

Mrs. Doctor said...

I LOVE the picture where Officer is holding Peanut. Oh my goodness, too cute!

Nickie said...

AAAAAAWWWW, how cute!