Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Parental Bragging rights

I don't really know the etiquette for a parents' bragging so without tact - I just have to brag about Miss Peanut. I have had so many friend that struggle with potty training - I laugh usually with them about their potty training mishaps, so I decided that we would start early mostly with the idea that that way she won't freak out about it. Now I think, my daughter is exceptional in all things of course, what parent doesn't, inlcuding her temper, determination, stubborness call it what you want - she knows what she wants. Anyway, she totally wakes up dry most mornings. So...about two weeks ago I bought a little potty and when she wakes up we set her on the potty with a couple toys and she does her thing. AMAZING!!!! Every morning for 2 weeks!!!!! Since the first few days went well we have been adding after naps and before bathtime. HELLO - #1 and #2 everyday for almost 2 weeks. This could of course totally backfire at some point, but for now it's nice to only change a handful of dirty diapers. Okay less of the potty talk. She also folds her arms now when we say prayers. I don't care who you are - that's cute, and sweet! These little ones are so intelligent and so precious. She also discovered belly buttons and just took her first official steps last night - and she is so much more brave today about letting go. I was unloading the dishwasher and suddenly I see these little pink ruffle-bum jammies wobbling towards me. She's growing up way too fast. I love being a mommy!

10 comments:

Linds said...

Wow, kudos to Miss Peanut. Hope that it continues to go well. Good luck with all the potty training. And that's awesome that she's walking. They do grow so fast. And as a side note, my kids do misbehave, a LOT! Yes, they look all sweet, but they can be little devils. It's a good thing they are so cute.

Jana Porter said...

that picture is SO cute and that is amazing! walking and potty training all in one! you guys are awesome!

The Bennett Family said...

She's so "Stinkin" cute! I miss that little peanut! Oh and her parents too. Have fun in AZ!! lv ya,Amy

Mrs. Doctor said...

I say you can never brag enough about your own kids. My grandpa says, "Every crow thinks theirs is the blackest", but I say brag away. Cute, cute!

The Wi Family said...

WOW! I'm very impressed! She's such a cutey. I really hope that the potty training thing continues to go well for you. I totally agree that even if it saves you from changing a few diapers it's awesome!! I also loved it when Rachel could fold her arms for prayer!!! So sweet.

The Adamsons said...

wow, that is amazing that she is potty training and she's not even a year old yet! and i can't believe she's walking either. what a little cutie!

Anonymous said...

Holy moly, very impressive!!! Way to go Peanut! (no pun intended)

The Lowe Family said...

I have been bragging about her too. That's crazy. I think bragging about your kids keeps you loving them more and more. Kids are amazing they deserve a little bragging especially right in front of them. I notice my kids behave better when I make positive comments to other adults in front of them. I think it makes them want to live up to that. She is adorable. When are you coming next?? :)

Janna said...

I'm totally jealous. I would brag, too.

Micah and Melinda said...

How sweet! That is so awesome!