After just shy of 7 months, we graduated today from the helmet! My advice to anyone who may need to consider a helmet for their child - Do it! The longer you wait the slower the progress. Peanuts case was considered severe - even the day she was born I talked to the Pediatrician about it because it was noticable from the start. I had hoped that with my education in Physical Therapy it would work itself out, but it would not have on it's own. Of course not every child needs one, but if you've had it suggested to you by your pediatrician talk to an orthotist and they can help you decide. It really is better not to wait! And if you need to do it - be strict/consistent with it. Because we were consistent, Peanut's results were the best our orthotist had seen, for starting with an older infant(6 1/2 months). Her head was wider than it was long when we started and today her measurments were only 2 mm wider and 14 mm longer. Here is the final scans from before (on the left) and after (on the right). It really is amazing - we're so happy with the results.


These are her first non-helmet piggy tails, love the bump on her eye - that was before the helmet was off


And this is my very favorite "cheese" face, had to add it.
9 comments:
I think that it is great that you were proactive about Peanut's head and the helmet. That is tremendous improvement. And she is one darling girl, with or without the helmet. What a beauty!
Congrats!!! Yeah she looks wonderful!
I am so excited for her to find her head! She is so adorable! It really did work so great and I'm glad you did it!! She's such a cute little bug I wish we lived closer! I'd come play with her all day! Missing all of you!~Amy
Hooray!!! What a long process but so completely worth it. She is a beautiful little girl. She will thank you when she is old enough to understand the sacrifices you have made for her. You're great parents. I want to give her a great big squeeze. Those eyes kill me. You are seriously in trouble with her. Good thing you have a gun. :)
Yay! That must be a nice milestone to meet. She looks adorable. Does she miss the helmet?
Congrats to Miss Peanut! That's so great. You are so awesome for sticking to it and pushing it. She looks great. What a doll!!!
Wonderful!!! Good for you guys, you are such great parents. What a cutie!
i bet that is a great feeling to be graduated! congrats. her little pigtails are just so cute. when are we going to see you guys again?
Way to go Peanut! I love the cheese face!
Post a Comment