Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Day!

I haven't posted Valentine's or President's Day, but today is a happy one nonetheless. I mentioned in my last post that we had been sick, but on the mend. No such luck - we've all had another miserable round of some winter cold and we're looking forward to Springtime in hopes that winter colds will be left behind.

We traveled to Ogden Canyon last week to meet up with Officer's Brother and family for a few days. It was nice to just hang out with them because we don't get to see them very much. Peanut thinks she is so grown up and loves to follow her big cousins everywhere. We went to The Treehouse one morning for a few hours and I'm not sure if the Dad's or the Kids had more fun. Miss Peanut did not stop the whole time - there was so much that she could do and mom didn't have to say no. She was really fascinated with a giant chess board and a wheelbarrow full of wood pieces, but she also painted, attended a tea party, a puppet show, saw a dollhouse museum, climbed through tunnels, crossed bridges, drove fire trucks, played music, and sat in the oval office.


We made a stop to see some old friends in Pocatello before heading home. It was a quick stop overnight, but so good to see them. Of course I didn't pull out the camera, but Miss Peanut was hilarious to watch learning to play with their dogs.

Officer works weekends, so we didn't plan anything for Valentine's, which is okay. We've been swapping babysitting with my siblings a lot lately which is nice. We were able to go to the temple Friday night and in turn we offered to watch my sister's girls on Valentine's Day. I made Officer one of his favorite meals after he got off work and when my sister and her hubby got home we played a little Rockband. Not real exciting, but it doesn't change that I love him. We always reminisce around this time of year because it's when we "fell in love."
We blinked and here we are 6 years later. We'll get a chance to celebrate next week - a little late for both Valentine's and Officer's birthday (we are teaching the youth in our ward for the dance festival on his birthday - so I've got to make it up to him.) Anywho - that's what's going on here.

2 comments:

Linds said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I love taking my girls to children's museums. It's such a blast. And cute picture of you and Adam!

Lizzie Wright said...

isn't the treehouse great? i went there once when i lived in o-town, but i can't for the life of me remember why. it must have been with my sister and her boys or something. looks like you all had some fun there.