Friday, May 1, 2009

so busy, busy...

Miss Peanut is getting to be a handful - could I expect less - not really, but she always has us laughing. We bought her a toddler bed a few weeks ago and although we haven't really tried having her sleep in it much, she is learning that she can climb it and reach new heights in her dresser - the second drawer. Of course that is where I have all of her wipes and diapers stashed...this is her caught in the act (Cheez) of emptying the entire wipe container onto the floor one wipe at a time - wipes are way more fun than kleenex. I, of course, had a hard time keeping a straight face, but she was so good to help me put them all back in the box afterward - what a big helper!
Her next fascination has been with Q-tips - for whatever reason. This cracks me up because the camera didn't even faze her, this was when she realized that daddy had caught her.
Aparently her artistic ability is most inspired when she is not clothed.
Miss Peanut's new favorite spot to play; the basket in her closet.
Her favorite "chair" when we read our scriptures, it's actually our empty bookshelf(empty because she has also discovered that shredding paper is really fun). I tried to get it all on video because she will put her snack on the shelf and her drink and then get her cute little bootey up there and sit - its hilarious. I probably shouldn't let her do things like that, but oh well. Sorry the video is a little dark.

She has so many aunts, uncles, and cousins that we've been trying to teach her to say their names when we point to pictures on the wall. She does really well with the ones she sees all the time, but the ones that are far away are harder. Here's just a couple, but then she got distracted by daddy and the lawn mower.

Her cousins taught her how to jump this past weekend, I was impressed at how well she did for being just 17 months.

5 comments:

The Bennett Family said...

OK Soooo sweet! I love the videos! She is such a cute little stinker getting into everything! I remember those days! Love you guys! ~Aunt Mimi

Linds said...

She is so cute. And I don't know if I've told you this before, but she looks just like Boo. You know, from Monsters Inc. Seriously, just like her.

Nickie said...

Love her, and seriously, someone needs to teach that poor girl how to jump, y'know, off the ground.
Loves!

The Lowe Family said...

Yeah I finally have my internet working. Well I feel pretty special. I can't believe she is saying everyone's name. Love it. She is such a little stinker. I have pictures of Bren climbing onto our empty bookshelf as well. It's amazing what we let our first babies do because they are our only focus. Rachael will never get away with that. :) That's probably why the first child is so smart. They get to explore a lot more.

The Wi Family said...

I agree she does look just like boo!! Love it. She is such a doll! I wish we could have met her--next time we will plan for at least a few hours in your neck of the woods to play! The girls would have so much fun together. Jenna also loves to try and take out every single wipe--Rachel on the other hand only uses them to clean everything up. At least I have balance in my life :) Can't wait to hear what you're having next.