Thursday, May 21, 2009

Take me away....

I must say that coming back from a relaxing vacation makes reality... daunting. Miss Peanut stayed with grandma for a week, which was wonderful. However, she had a little more freedom getting to hang out with her Aunts Emorey and Mackenzie and she does not want to be any kind of little anymore. I've lost track of how many meltdowns she's had this week readjusting - but I'm telling you its ridiculous. So between the meltdowns on my part and Miss Peanut's and the pile of laundry I've unburied myself from, we've been exhausted. So to catch up here are a few of our favorites from our trip to the Bahamas.

Lucayan National Forest Freeport, Bahamas. This a small area that didn't burn down just two weeks before we arrived. The rest of the forest was still smoldering. We went there to see one of the worlds largest underground cave systems - but we were kind of restricted where we could tour, but we did spent a few hours at Gold Rock beach and an area/resturant known as Banana Bay.



That was where we both got to nap in a hammock for a while - just doesn't get much better than that.
Nassau, Bahamas Port and street shops.

The view leaving Nassau.

We spent one day on this private island.
We both had had enough UV exposure at this point so we hid under umbrellas when we weren't in the water snorkeling. The umbrellas don't really give you any real shade so we covered them with our beach towels which did a great job of keeping us cool.
This was our view from our chairs. We snorkeled out and around that large "rock" in the middle of the picture and saw some great stuff.
With underwater cameras it's kind of hit and miss, but this picture of an eel turned out pretty great considering that Officer dove 25-30 feet down to take it.

Coral and Fish

Officer diving; I didn't feel the need to post diving pictures of my pregnant self trying to defy buoyancy; I had a ton of fun, but seriously not worth preserving on film - thanks anyway Officer.

School of Fish

Surface of the water from underneath

Coral, fish and Sea Urchin.
Blow fish.
Last sunset of the trip.

This is how you look after 6 kid free days, where you get to sleep through the night and you don't have to cook or clean. Bliss. I did miss Miss Peanut terribly though - there were lots of little kids around and you can't help but miss your kids.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Oh that looks amazing!!! So fun and I'm totally jealous. I do know what you mean about the craziness of being home though!

Jana Porter said...

looks like so much fun! im very jealous.. how are you feeling??

Linds said...

Ok, I am green with envy!! SO so so so so jealous!!! I want to do that so bad. I guess I better start saving my pennies. Well, we have to get a job first and then save our pennies.