Good old rolled oats - I knew it was good for your insides, but I didn't realize how much it would help on the outside. I just filled an old sock with about a cup of it and used it like a sponge in the bath with the kids and it was amazing for their spots. Both of my kids have always had little eczema spots too and it really help that as well. And my over washed hand actually benefited from it too!

This was our pretty pink lotion and another awesome lotion that I tried and they both seemed to really helped:


This also helped keep Miss Peanut from itching! Of course with the recalls it was the off brand - but worked really well.

I didn't have any milk in my house and I didn't want to take the kids to the store so I called in reinforcements. My mom came by to drop off some milk and brought us some goodies to survive being quarantined for the next week or so. Thank You MOM! She also brought a Jesse doll from Toy Story and Miss Peanut has barely let it out of her sight hence the reason it is not pictured.
Handsome learned a couple new things this week. I finally decided it was time to wean him just a couple weeks ago and he has done pretty well with it. He loves having a sippy cup at meals and even decided that he wanted to hold his own bottle.
He learned this week to sit up on his own from laying/rolling/scooting and of course sleeping. If he wasn't so darn cute, I might get more upset after laying him down 20 times for bed - but how can you get upset when greeted by this face?
This doesn't really qualify as a favorite thing - but I laughed when I discovered that while unsupervised for Miss Peanut decided to bite her brother. I didn't discover this until I noticed a bruise on Handsome's arm a few days later. No wonder he got chicken pox too - he didn't stand a chance. I don't know if you can see it, its kind of light but it's there - a perfect pair of half circles.
And tonight we sat and watched/listened to the rain out the back door. It's been quite a week! Happy Father's Day Officer - We missed having you home this evening.
2 comments:
Way to stay positive!
You are awesome lady!! What a trooper! I can't wait to ween our new little guy (I just want my body to myself for once!) So glad you are doing better, and gotta love the reinforcements!
Post a Comment