Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Compromise

Since finding out I was pregnant I've really thought it doesn't matter what we have.  I really have never cared much with any of my pregnancies.   Don't get me wrong, it was fun to find out with each of them, and we already have such a hard time picking names that knowing the gender at least helped us narrow it down some.  This time though - we already have one of each, so really it doesn't matter - we have lots of girl stuff and lots of boy stuff - the only thing we've been starting to stock up on is diapers.  Officer, on the other hand is pretty adamant that we find out.  So to compromise, I asked him to wait until Christmas.  We've had our ultrasound and our wonderful doctor was so good to keep things pretty quiet.  We have a healthy baby with a beautiful heart - all 4 chambers, nose, upper lip, working tummy, spine, fingers and toes and that's what we know.  I'm such a nerd, but I love all that stuff, so really it was a little hard to not look, but our doctor was good to just turn the screen ever so slightly that we never saw a thing.  He took the card I gave him, left the room and brought it back sealed - he even taped it so there is no cheating!  And Christmas morning Officer gets this little envelope in his stocking.  So what do you think it is, any guesses?  When miss Peanut was asked today by the nurse, she said she wanted a sister, and when asked about the baby's name - she said...Rufus.  There you have it.  We'll see what her prediction brings.  As for Rufus - NEVER, except maybe a family dog someday. 

I had to include this little countdown calendar I made cause I think it turned out super cute. So in 18 days, we'll know what were having...unless I can convince Officer otherwise.

2 comments:

Jana Porter said...

oh man i'm dying to know i have no idea how you wait!! can't wait to hear. glad the baby is healthy

Mrs. Doctor said...

Well.........