Sunday, December 12, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

Yesterday, was my birthday and it was a big one...3-0.  Honestly, I don't feel old or anything and I'm not terrified of saying that I'm 30, but really - I'm 30??? To celebrate the day I had a lunch date with family, took Miss Peanut and two of my sisters to the Nutcracker Ballet, and to my surprise - Officer had a few surprises of his own for me.  Just before I left for the nutcracker he gave me a new dress coat - I've needed one for a while and he gets 2 thumbs up for picking it out on his own!  Blame it on pregnancy brain, but I didn't pull out my camera to take a picture of us girls at the Nutcracker until we were in the car leaving the ballet.  Lame, I know, but it was a fun afternoon anyway. Then when we got back from the ballet, he had a birthday cake waiting for me.  Eat dessert first right!  There was a little hiccup to his original plan so we did have cake first and he actually arranged for my Mom to take our kids for the evening.  Seriously, it was our first kid free evening + night in over 18 months!  We had a little time to kill so we drove downtown to shops I would never attempt going into with my kids and just walked and looked.  Although it was raining, the highlight of the day was driving up into the mountains, where I was surprised with a horse drawn sleigh ride into a little cabin where we had dinner.  This really was a big deal - next to keeping our honeymoon destination a surprise, it was the most elaborate evening he has ever planned in our nearly 8 years together.  It was a really great evening and we had a great time.        

No comments: