Monday, January 31, 2011

Officer

I just have to take a minute to tell you about My Officer.  He has had some pretty rough experiences in the few short years he's been with the department;  of course that is a given in his profession.  I'm glad that I don't always hear all the details, but although I don't hear every detail I know there are things that have truly changed him, good and bad.  One such experience was last summer and although it was difficult, it was amazing and truly touched his heart.  Through his training and his faith and with the help of several other officers, they were able to save the life of a young mother.  He was later nominated along with these other officers for a life saving award.  He found out today that in a few months they will be recognized for their service and he personally will receive a Silver Star and a Life Saving Award.  A silver star is in my understanding one of the highest honors that you can receive as an officer.  I just want to take this minute to thank him for being such a remarkable man, leader, husband, father, as well as Officer.  I know that he has received many positive commendations over the last few years for his abilities in his profession as well as his ability to sincerely help people whether it be as simple as changing a tire for someone, or talking someone through very critical moments and decisions they are facing.  I am grateful for his service to our community and for all that he does for our little family.  Thank you!

4 comments:

The Lowe Family said...

I am so very proud of you!! You definitely deserve the award. YOu are a great officer and I know you truly love the people in your community. What an amazing award to receive after just a few short years as an officer. Can't wait to see what the future holds for you. Thanks for your great example. Love you.

Mrs. Doctor said...

Congrats! What a great honor. Keep up the good work, both of you.

Nickie said...

What a cool guy. We need more of him in the world.
I think now that he's accomplished the Silver Star, he could look into retirement. That's my opinion anyway.
Loves!

Linds said...

All I can say is you are one brave woman. And love that picture, so tough ;)