Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I look forward to Tuesday

For most people, it's Friday or Saturday night, but for us it has been Tuesday.  Officers is still working weekend swings and for the longest time (pretty much since he started swings almost 2 years ago) finding a date night has just been pushed to the back burner a lot.  We've had lunch dates, get to the temple dates, and take all the kids with us dates, but an actual date night hasn't happened FOREVER!  I finally decided this past month or so that at least until baby comes we need that desperately. So I arranged for one of the young women in our ward to come over whatever time she could every Tuesday until this baby comes for a few hours so we could get away.  Its been just a few weeks in a row now and its wonderful!  Its not like we do anything super exciting - I mean really its Tuesday, but still he gets the door for me,  we hold hands without keeping track of two other little sets of hands, and just to converse without distractions and interruptions...it's been so nice.  I love getting to date my husband again.

3 comments:

The Lowe Family said...

That's sounds like fun. I love date night, no matter when it happens. Sounds like you have a wonderful babysitter too. That makes such a difference. Happy for you. :)

Nickie said...

Yeah yeah, you big braggers!
Then my husband comes along and tries to screw it up with, "Will you go to a movie with me?"
You should say to him, "Take your own dang wife to a movie!"
That's what you should say!
And what's with all the sewing of cute books, you still haven't taught me how you made those cute flowers. What is the world coming to?
I will pass along the"Tuesday is date night for Adam and not with you! It's with his wife, so leave him alone!" news.
How does that sound?
Wait, did you put up this post specifically for him? You can be honest...
xoxox

Linds said...

It's Thursdays for us around here.