You might say I'm a wimp; we bought a tent trailer. We often spend a week or more at the N. California coast camping with Officer's family in the summer - I have mostly worried about keeping cupcake warm while we are there in a few weeks. In my defense - we have tented it up until now and I'm not sure that I'm brave enough to do that with 3 babies. Anyway we're hoping to get out camping more with the kids in the coming years so we decided to get a trailer this summer. Officer took Handsome on Father/Sons trip with it, but last week we took our first camping trip as a family. We drove a couple hours out of town - about half way I realized that I had left our foil dinners in the fridge. Of course we didn't starve, we had plenty of other things to eat, but it was just the start of our mishaps. About the time kids were asleep and we sat down to enjoy the campfire a storm blew in very quickly with lots of wind, rain, lightning and thunder. For that reason it was also very nice to have the trailer - no tents blowing over, flooding, etc. However as we tried to use the heater...it wasn't working. ??? I was just a little upset that officer neglected to check that the battery was charged and the propane tanks were filled in our spontaneous decision to get out of town. Then as it got colder Handsome woke up congested and coughing most of the night along with Miss Peanut who was cold and needed a potty break in the middle of the night. Needless to say, we didn't sleep well and it was cold. Actually Cupcake slept all night - she did awesome! And we did catch a glimpse of a beautiful clear sky full of a million stars while we were up in the middle of the night. The next day we hiked around and enjoyed the beautiful area and went on a "bear hunt" (for gummy bears). Both Handsome and Miss Peanut loved hiking around, I was a little nervous about it because the river was very close and running very high and very fast. It was a good trip, but we'll definitely be more prepared next time.

2 comments:
Wow that is a beautiful place to camp and the river looks gorgeous. Learning experiences are great. Next time will be better. Glad you stayed and still went hiking and enjoyed the day.
Isn't that how it always goes? You get all worried about the baby and it's the older kids who have problems. And I do not think you are a wimp. I would LOVE to have a tent trailer.
Post a Comment