Monday, November 14, 2011

Mirror, Mirror on the wall...

This little cupcake didn't want to go to sleep, which I've been okay with because I'm crossing my fingers that she will sleep longer tonight.  I sat her in front of this mirror tonight and she has loved to play with her new friend.  It made me think as I watched her squeal with excitement at herself;  When does that change? Seriously,  most of the time I dread looking at the tired reflection and dark circles I see.  I need to get back to loving the person I see rather than taking note of all the things I'm discontent with.  The lessons we learn from our children never cease to amaze me.

2 comments:

Jalaine Lassek said...

First off, she's adorable! And second, I agree with the lessons we learn from our children. I love how they just love life and everything about it! I get to caught up in everyday things that I need to slow down and just enjoy it and be happy. And dark circles, I wish they would go away but I wonder with having little ones if we are just stuck with the circles for a little while. Little ones=no sleep :)

The Lowe Family said...

That is a wonderful observation. I remember watching Rach play peek a boo in the mirror and wondered if I had missed that opportunity with my other children. It is the most darling thing. She is such a precious little girl.