etings are at my house. This month we're talking about "adventures in books." Now I haven't always made time for reading in recent years; one goal I made for myself this year was to read more for fun. I think that kids just don't enjoy reading as much as they used to; too many video games and sometimes just too busy with sports or homework, etc. Anyway I wanted to do something I thought would get them excited to read more. One of my favorites is still the Eleventh Hour - I hadn't pulled it off the shelf until recently, but what 8 or 9 year old wouldn't find it a challenge. If you've never read it, it's a simple children's story, but there is so much more to discover in it's pages. I loved reading it today with my scouts, so if you've never read it - it's kind of a fun thing to do.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Story Time
I'm currently a cub scout leader and every week the den me
etings are at my house. This month we're talking about "adventures in books." Now I haven't always made time for reading in recent years; one goal I made for myself this year was to read more for fun. I think that kids just don't enjoy reading as much as they used to; too many video games and sometimes just too busy with sports or homework, etc. Anyway I wanted to do something I thought would get them excited to read more. One of my favorites is still the Eleventh Hour - I hadn't pulled it off the shelf until recently, but what 8 or 9 year old wouldn't find it a challenge. If you've never read it, it's a simple children's story, but there is so much more to discover in it's pages. I loved reading it today with my scouts, so if you've never read it - it's kind of a fun thing to do.
etings are at my house. This month we're talking about "adventures in books." Now I haven't always made time for reading in recent years; one goal I made for myself this year was to read more for fun. I think that kids just don't enjoy reading as much as they used to; too many video games and sometimes just too busy with sports or homework, etc. Anyway I wanted to do something I thought would get them excited to read more. One of my favorites is still the Eleventh Hour - I hadn't pulled it off the shelf until recently, but what 8 or 9 year old wouldn't find it a challenge. If you've never read it, it's a simple children's story, but there is so much more to discover in it's pages. I loved reading it today with my scouts, so if you've never read it - it's kind of a fun thing to do.
4 comments:
Thanks for the recommendation, we'll have to look for it at the library.
I love that book. The art in it is beautiful. I agree about the reading thing. I hope my kids will enjoy reading as much as I do.
Remember when we found all the clues on the pages and deciphered them all. We were a couple of nancy drew's then. It is a good book.
Good to know, I'll have to keep an eye out for that one.
Loves!
Post a Comment