Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Birthday and Happy Thanksgiving!

In addition to Thanksgiving this week we also celebrated Peanut's 1st Birthday, November 26th. ! I can't believe how fast it's gone! Here are a couple pictures of my teeny Peanut.

Lots of family and friends came to help her celebrate her birthday. We had yummy soups for dinner and ate a giant star cupcake - cake.
And she had a cake just for her! She wasn't quite as messy as she was with her cousins' cake a couple weeks ago.

She got lots of new toys and cute clothes, but the next morning her favorite gift was still balloons that Officer brought home for her.

After the party was over I got started on baking pies for Thanksgiving - I spent most of 24hrs in the kitchen. I made 2 pots of soup, baked 2 loaves of french bread, 48 cupcakes, 2 pumpkin pies and 1 apple pie, 2 pans of stuffing and...I think thats it. Officer made me take a picture of the pumpkin pie (his family LOVES pumpkin pie and he wanted to make them jealous I think - it was a yummy pie) Baking is great, but I'm glad I didn't have to cook the turkey. Needless to say it was a busy couple days. It was nice to sit and enjoy Thanksgiving day with my family.

We are grateful for so much, but especially all the little things that happen around our house and make us laugh. Here are just a few


Totally off subject because I am so grateful for the home I have, but I found my dreamhouse and the picture of it was uploaded with all the birthday pictures. I'd love to build this home on a couple acres somewhere - but probably just in my dreams.

7 comments:

Mrs. Doctor said...

Happy, happy birthday, Peanut!!! What an adorable girl. Time flies, and we've yet to meet her...hopefully before her next birthday.

Micah and Melinda said...

You go Peanut! What a sweetie!

The Bennett Family said...

Awe....what a great week~ We miss you guys. Boo, hoo! We will have fun next summer for sure. She will be running all over the place! Love to you all and Happy belated birthday!

Linds said...

Happy birthday peanut!! I can't believe she's a year. Where does the time go? She is adorable! And kudos to you for all the baking. Oh, and when you build that house can you build one for me too? Thanks!

Jana Porter said...

Happy Birthday Peanut! i love that house, its beautiful! how is peanut's head doing?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday little Peanut!! I thought that was YOUR home until I read the caption, but I hope someday you can live there!!

The Wi Family said...

Is she asleep on the bathroom rug with the balloons? What a cute picture! I totally agree with you about that house!!!