Sunday, December 7, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree


When we bought out house - I loved that it had a formal living room, I called it my Christmas tree room. It took a few years before I got it all decorated, but now that it is done I think one of my very favorite things to do this time of year is sit there and enjoy my tree. It's just a little tree, and it's fake - I know a real tree is so much better, I don't disagree. Someday we'll do the real tree thing, but this was easier this year. We added a little extra height to it, so that Peanut can only reach the bottom where I have jingle bells and stuff she is constantly ooh-ing over. Anyway there is nothing better than snuggling up in a blanket with something warm to drink, (Tangent: vanilla steamers - that's also a favorite, not so much the hot cocoa; Officer goes for the spiced cider) all the lights out except for the tree and enjoying the stillness.

6 comments:

Micah and Melinda said...

Oh how sweet is your lil Peanut M&M! I love to sit late at night with all the light out and enjoy the Tree!

Jana Porter said...

your house is so cute! we bought our first christmas tree its so exciting!

Bethany Rice said...

thanks, Chris is crazy about decorating. Your tree is really cute. Our address is 603 Trejo St. Rexburg, ID 83440
Chris' parents is
368 S. 3rd W. #104
Rigby, ID 83442
Let me know your address also so I can send you guys a card.

Linds said...

I completely agree. I think sitting in front of the Christmas tree is one of my favorite Christmas traditions.

The Wi Family said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to get my house all decorated as well!!

The Adamsons said...

What a beautiful picture!!