Here's some of what we've been doing:
- We finished up most of the yard work/patio stuff. Found some patio furniture on craigslist! Gotta love it!
- I have cleaned out every closet in my house
- Sorted through all of the stuff in our garage and found plenty of things to sell or donate.
- Deep cleaned every room in my house
- Had the carpets cleaned - so nice to not do it myself.
- Restocked most of my pantry/shelves/closets with things I will probably be needing, so that I don't have to make those trips to the store when I'm sleep deprived and find that when I get there I've forgotten why I went in the first place.
- Officer built me shelves in our closet so that I have places for all my craft stuff. He's been really great to help me finish lots of little projects without too many crazy pregnant woman comments ;)
- Finally finished reupholstering a glider in the nursery
- Bonus - Officer also built a mantel for our Fireplace - I love it - I've wanted one for so long!

- Miss peanut and our new little man will be sharing a room for a while which I tried to keep fairly generic, so I freaked out that I needed more boyish stuff in the room and made two quilts.

My sister made one For Miss Peanut like:

and I copied her genius and came up with this: of course mine has plenty of imperfections, but for my first "involved" quilt I thought I did alright.
- I crocheted several hats for various things; one for our little man to wear at the hospital. It's camo because Officer is really hoping to go hunting the week I'm due. We'll see what happens, but we had to add camo to something. (It's being modeled by Miss Peanut's baby)
- I've been working on homemade Christmas projects - no pictures of them for now or they wouldn't be a surprise, but they have been lots of work and I'm determined to get them done in the next week or so and then most of Christmas is out of the way. With the exception of shopping for officer and getting a stocking for our new little man.
- I think I'm just about to the end of my to do list...finally. Officer's parent will be here next weekend and they'll be here until we bless this little man on October 25th (totally bugging me that I call him little man because we still don't have a name yet - that is the top of the to do list). My doctor said he would induce me the week of October 12th, so as long as all goes we'll we wanted to bless him while Officer's parents are in town.
Miss Peanut has been:
- Talking up a storm - you would not believe the vocabulary of this chick! It is such a blessing though because she can tell me what she needs, wants, whatever. She knows most of her alphabet and can count to 13. She is also learning to sing a little - or at least repeat the words or fill in where we pause - so cute.
- She's totally getting her own sense of humor which we just love - It's so hard to keep from laughing sometimes when we probably shouldn't be encouraging her.
- Loves to be a pirate! I need to get that on video for the full affect, but it's hilarious!
- Loves Disney CARS, Curious George, Superwhy, and little Einsteins. Then she picked up this thing for Elmo when she was at my mom's house.
- Growing like crazy - we measured her a week or so ago because she has been waking up at night saying oweeee my wegs (legs). Sure enough - had to be growing pain - she's grown 3 inches since may. She is 35 inches tall now and hasn't gained any weight, so she is tall and skinny like her daddy.
- She now has her 2 year old molar - they were brutal.
- She can recognize and name most of her cousins/aunts/uncles. We had pictures taken this summer with everyone and I put together a little book for her to look through with all the pictures. She has over 30 cousins, plus their parents and lots of grandparents and she has amazed us by naming them all. Most people would probably say I should try something like state capitals or nations, presidents etc, but I feel like family is more important and I don't really want to be one of the parents that pushes their kids so hard in school. They're already pushed way more than I was (it's crazy what my nieces and nephew have for homework!).
- I can't believe that she will be 2 in November! Her birthday is actually on Thanksgiving Day this year, what to do about that?
So anyway, there you have it. We're still here, just been a little preoccupied. We're so excited for this little man to get here - please feel free to toss out any names that you like/love whatever, I could use some extra help!



3 comments:
Wow, you have been busy. I can't wait til your little man gets here. I can't wait to see him.
You are so crazy. How in the world have you had enough time to accomplish so many things. The quilt is awesome. I am so impressed. You can make one for my baby if you are bored. :)(Well you did say that you are almost done with everything.) I think peanut is absolutely adorable and brilliant. I wish we lived closer. Take it easy these next couple of weeks girly. Don't over do it. Love ya.
I don't know how you've done half of those things!! How hard was it to re-upholster? That looks like a fun project.
Post a Comment