Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I'm in need of some super powers...anyone?

I love my kids...I do and I still want to have more, but it is a never-ending battle for me to decide what really needs to get done. I like order - a plan - schedule - routine - (Miss peanut is a very routine child) and having the little man has thrown all of that entirely out the window. Between callings, church stuff, holidays, birthdays, bills, keeping up with my house, and taking care of husband, kids and occasionally myself, I am feeling stretched - kind of like elasti-girl on the Incredibles. I'm in need of some serious super powers! And I'm blessed to be able to be a stay at home mom - for crying in the rain - or at whatever card commercial comes on. For those of you who have to work - my heart goes out to you!
Trying to find a balance has been really hard because seriously - it's all I can do to just take care of kids and get dressed some days. With Officer working swings, he works most of the night and sleeps a majority of the day, so me having sleepless nights and then trying to function to take care of two during the day has been so exhausting and I feel like I have no patience with my children or myself. And the disorder of my house...anywho so, I decided that I need to stop praying for more patience. Yep, every time I do, I inevitably have several rough days that require more patience than I want to exert and in the end I guess I have more patience, but the process - a little overwhelming this last week. I gotta say - I am just tired of trying to make it seem like I have it all together, cause I definitely don't. People have babies all the time and they manage, but I just can't seem to pull it together. I just have to conclude that all the other moms are trying to make it seem like they have it all together too? I know I will never attain perfection in this life, I know that I will never have trials I will not be able to overcome, and I know I can do hard things, but I didn't expect motherhood to be such a challenge for me - and I don't have school age kids, or teenagers, or missionaries, yet!
Needless to say, lots of things have been neglected this past month, the blog pretty much bottom of the list, so one of these days I'll post some more pictures, but today I just need to send this out there and get it off my chest.
Oh - and any of you awesome nursing moms out there - any great nursing meal plan books or sites? I'm so glad that nursing itself has gone better this time around, but everything I find says don't eat - anything, pretty much it feels like - very frustrating, so please throw some ideas out there for me, because even the littlest things seem to upset this little man's tummy the last week or so.

8 comments:

Mel said...

Hang in there Tricia! It's a HUGE adjustment and I'm just like you...very routine. I had to relax a little, my house is still never as clean as it used to be, and realize that it's actually OK. It will get easier though. I totally hear ya!

Brittney said...

I felt like that after my last baby! (He was a tough baby! It seemed like all he did was cry the 1st 4 months or so)! But it will seriously get better! It might be a few months, but it will!

Linds said...

You can do this!!! I know you can. Boy is it tough. You will hit your stride and find your new two kid routine. It takes a while. But you are amazing, and I know you can do this. Parenthood IS THE hardest thing EVER!!! We are all in this together, and I'm rooting for you!! Love you girl!
p.s. I nursed both girls for their first year and I just learned by trial and error. I ate what I wanted but if it seemed to make the baby sick, I stopped eating it. Just pay attention to the little man, he'll let you know what he doesn't like.

Bethany Rice said...

I feel your pain. You have summed up my life, It does get a little easier as time goes on, I promise. Jackson is still not sleeping through the night so the sleepless night are hard. Hang in there just tell yourself this does get easier. We will have to stop by and see the new one when we are in town for Christmas.

Nickie said...

Hang in there sweety, it will be okay. Things will get easier, and you'll be back in your routine mode before you know it.
Let me know if there's anything I can do for you, we're always around. I wish I had advice for you, all I can say is that I'm right there with you, we're in this crazy boat together!

The Lowe Family said...

I so feel your pain. I sit on the couch and feed Rachael all while staring at the clutter around my house that will never get picked up. It is very overwhelming sometimes...most of the time. You hang in there girly. The thing I keep telling myself is once she's crawling I'll be forced to pick up things or she'll eat them. :) I'm sure I will be thrilled about that. No one tells you that having babies is so difficult. Just love them because they will be almost 11 and 8 before you know it and want to do their own thing. Trust me it is way different when they are older. Love ya.

Jil said...

I hear you! If you need to talk about nursing, I'm here. I did it, but I pretty much hated the first three months of it, both times. It takes so much time! And for the first bit it seems like everything bothers them so it's hard to figure out what if anything actually is bothering them. Did I mention I hear you?

summer said...

See look at all these comments, you are not alone! Funny, though how we mom's look at each other thinking the other one has it all together! We're all just doing the best we can, each dealing with our own circumstances. I too have been there! In fact now I'm in a different place which is easier in some way yet more challenging in others.
My mom always tells me one day at a time, Summer. So I try to do that just focus on this day! Oh and for some reason it helps me if I just make my bed (but I know that's hard when the hubby's sleeping in it). I'm definitely not set on this swing shift!
love & hugs
~summer