Monday, August 30, 2010

The Harvest

Its getting to be that time - and we love it!  I've done a small garden for the past several years - I usually only pick a few things to grow because we only have a small garden space.  Next year maybe we'll do a grow box....I'm hoping anyway.  This year we had tomatoes, romaine lettuce, pumpkins, corn, raspberries, and my cucumbers and peppers and green onions just didn't make it, which was actually good because this year we also tried growing watermelons. We had some strong wind storms the last few weeks and my tomato cage broke and fell over with the weight of the tomatoes...or so I thought. I looked closed to find that I had twin watermelons growing up inside the tomato cage. They have pretty much taken over the rest of the garden! 

I also tried a small planter for herbs, but Miss Peanut decided that it looked like a good place to dig, so we're trying those inside for now. Anyway we have had fun nearly everyday going out to see what is ready to pick - and there is so much more to come! We've already got lots of tomatoes and we just ate our first corn on the cob tonight and the last several days we've been able to pick a big bowl of raspberries! 

2 comments:

The Lowe Family said...

Awesome garden. You are so adventurous. Maybe some day we'll have the space to try planting a good garden. I'm sure miss peanut is just loving it. Looks yummy to me.

Linds said...

Yum, yum, and yum! I wish we had a garden.