Wednesday, March 23, 2011

5 weeks or less...

My quiet books, still in progress, but I've been finishing up a few other things.  I've made flannel quilts for my other kids and really wanted to do another one for this little girl.  I make the ones that fray cause they're easy and they hide my many mistakes, but they are so snuggly warm, both of my kids still sleep with theirs every night.   So here it is:
Front
Back
And I, for the life of me cannot find the canopy/visor for our carseat, so I decided to make one since we'll be traveling right after she'll be born.  I still have to find some cute buttons for the straps but I love how it turned out.

And the beloved belly shots - I'm 34 weeks, but my doctor agreed to induce me at 39 weeks because I'm kind of stressing a little about traveling that soon after delivering,  this way she will be about 2 weeks old before we leave for DC.  Although, part of me is really hoping she'll come a little early like Handsome did - surprising us around 38 weeks.  Well that's about all for now. 

5 comments:

The Lowe Family said...

You are so cute. I love the green color with the pink in your blanket and car seat cover. You are a super mom. I wish I had your motivation. Instead I'm a blog stalker. Hee Hee.

Jalaine Lassek said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the blanket and cover canopy! And you look great, you're almost done yay :)

Linds said...

Good for you, sewing stuff. I have no idea how to sew. Love the cover canopy.

Nickie said...

I like the colors for your little blanket, they are so happy! I still have no idea how to make those quilts, I think everyone in the world knows how to make them except this idiot right here!
xoxoxo

CHall said...

I love your sewing projects. They are so cute. I wish I had the knack for that kind of stuff. Just FYI: If you're traveling on an airplane with an infant less than a month old, most airlines require a doctor's note stating the baby is healthy enough to travel. I didn't know that after Annie was born and had to reschedule my flight to Seattle for my grandpa's funeral. It was such a headache only a week after delivering.