Sunday, March 13, 2011

Nesting...

I'm to that point,  I have this list of things I'd like to get done, cleaned, projects finished, etc before baby comes.  I'm pleased to say that I'm making progress.  One project I've been wanting to tackle for a long time was making quiet books for my kids at church. We had one growing up that was well loved and I have lots of memories of playing with it during church.  My kids have a hard time sitting still - like most I'm sure and with new baby arriving soon I'm somewhat terrified about how church with go. Right now officer is able to come with us, but for the most part of the last 2 1/2 years I've had to tackle the two monkeys on my own - his schedule changes every few months so who knows what it will bring.  I'm hoping that it will keep my kids busy for at least 10-15 minutes - and with 2 books I'm really hoping for more like 20-30 minutes.  I've bought stuff over the last couple - years - sadly it's taking me this long to get much done.  This week Officer has been gone a lot for work/court/scouts etc so in the evening I've been getting quite a few things done on them.  In the last week I setup and cut out everything for the 18 pages of the quiet books (9 pages in each) one for Miss Peanut and one for Handsome.  I found so many super cute ideas and template online so I can't take credit for some of the ideas, but I'm really excited about how they are turning out.  He're a quick look.
  1. Apple tree
  2. Shapes
  3. Car/road
  4. Tent w/ bear
  5. Rocket
  6. Noah's Ark
  7. Treasure Chest
  8. Tool Box


  1. Girl with hair to braid
  2. Vase w/ Flowers
  3. Barn w animals
  4. Crayons
  5. Tic Tac Toe
  6. Phone
  7. Coo-coo Clock
  8. Mailbox
  9. Butterfly net




 Ultimately I want to finish them completely with covers. etc by Easter, but this week  I'm hoping to get at least 1/2 of the pages assembled.  I'll show you the finished product hopefully soon

2 comments:

The Lowe Family said...

Wow!! Good job girly. It looks like you've already done a ton of work. You are such super mom. I don't know how you do it all. I haven't even gotten my pictures up on the wall yet.. :)

Janna said...

You are fabulous and getting so much done!!