Friday, October 14, 2011

Picture Perfect

Officer had been working all weekend (he works nights you see); I saw him for about 10 minutes as he headed out to go hunting at midnight Sunday night for a few days.  I had a baby who had been up every 1-2 hours each night all weekend  and wouldn't go back to sleep without nursing (she's been sleeping 8-10 hours for a while now, so I had been a little spoiled :).  So needless to say this weekend was entirely exhausting.  By Tuesday morning I was fried.  After being up all night once again the other morning went a little something like this:
  • 6:30am Cupcake is finally back asleep.
  • 6:59 am Handsome wakes up
  • 7:03  Handsome in front of PBS with some cocoa (carnation breakfast); mom crawls back in bed hoping PBS will keep him occupied long enough for me to catch a few more minutes of sleep before I tackle the day. 
  • 7:08 Miss Peanut woke up and was now occupied by PBS as well
  • 7:10 Handsome comes down the hall to find me followed by the aroma of his hind side.  
  • 7:12 I drag myself out of bed to change him before his newly discovered skill of taking off his clothes creates a bigger problem 
  • 7:13  Miss Peanut races to the potty 
  • 7:14 Handsome back to PBS; Miss Peanut apologizing for peeing in her pants.  
  • 7:15  Mom tells Miss Peanut that she is upset as she slips on chocolate milk barf in the hallway.
  • 7:16  Mom crying while scrubbing barf from feet and the floor;  Miss Peanut whaling that she is so so sorry.  
  • 7:17  Cupcake wakes up screaming due to Miss Peanut's whaling.  Handsome crying for me to hold him. 
  • 7:18  Mommy  and 3 babies crying.  
  • 7:19  Mommy calls her mommy crying.  
  • 7:25  Deep breath,  Try starting the day again.
  • 9:30  Cupcake asleep again,  Two kids dressed, fed, content with some PBS.  2nd attempt at a few minutes nap.
  • 9:35  Handsome so thoughtfully brings me a tall glass of cold water from the fridge,  another recent new talent.  He tries to hand it to me and in the process spills the entire contents into my bed.  
  • 9:36 So much for nap. 
With the exception of the crying while scrubbing barf and phone call to my mommy in my sleepless delirium,  I was then able to laugh my way through it.  I'm grateful that we didn't have anywhere we needed to be that day.  We spent most of it in our Jammies.  It was not a picture perfect day by any means and I was incredibly exhausted,  but I feel really blessed to able to be home with my little ones.

4 comments:

Mrs. Doctor said...

I love love love the update! You are a great mommy, keep it up!

The Lowe Family said...

Ha Ha. I am glad you got this lovely morning blogged. You are going to look back someday and laugh hard about how you made it through with 3 kids under the age of 3. Thanks for calling and chatting with me. Love you girly.

Jalaine Lassek said...

You telling this story in person was so funny, but I'm sure it wasn't funny at the moment! You are a wonderful mommy! I hope you have gotten the rest you needed :)

The Wi Family said...

Love this. Because it happens often at our house. I haven't blogged in a while and haven't read blogs in a while because I could sit for hours and read them and then just feel sorry for myself and my less than "picture perfect" life :) So, as yours was the first one that I've really read in a while it was exactly what I needed!! A good reminder that we are all in the thick of things! Just couldn't leave without letting you know that you have a beautiful family and are an amazing wife and mother. Keep up the good work!