Saturday, September 6, 2008

The clock is ticking…

Miss Peanut finally went down for her nap and I now have about an hour to update my terribly neglected blog. The past couple weeks have flown by! You know when you have those weeks where everyday someone has a different appointment. That's been the last couple weeks, so I haven't gotten around to the blog.

We've been working in the yard; planting things that hopefully my non-green thumb won't kill. And enjoying the fruits of our labors from the garden. Yummy! Officer's been busy with extra training, so I haven't seen much of him lately. To fill some time, I've been trying to shed those last pesky pregnancy lbs and brushing up on my sweet scrapbooking skills. I'm making attempts at on some kind of scrapbook for Miss Peanut. I haven't scrapbooked in ages! So that and I also got introduced to Facebook; pathetic isn't it - definately an addictive online time waster. Miss Peanut is always keeping me busy; she is seriously into everything. Her latest discovery was that she is just tall enough reach the toilet seat and the garbage can. So gross, sometimes I really wonder how it is that first kids survive. And so the baby proofing continues. She really is the best baby we could ever hope for. Yesterday was a pretty busy afternoon and we didn't get home until way past bedtime. Tangent: When I see grouchy babies at the store late at night and parents are getting all in a tizzy at them - I always just think they can only blame themselves because those kids are SO ready for bed. I'm very blessed because even though we were gone until almost ten, she was an angel. End Tangent. Yesterday I got to do my little sister Mollee's hair for her Bridal pictures. I can't believe she's all grown up and getting married. It's been a while since I've done hair - kind of miss it sometimes. Anyway, you'll have to check out some of the pictures, they're gorgeous! Candice is doing some awesome things with her new camera. Here's a link: http://www.hawkleyphotography.blogspot.com/
We're going to have her take a real family picture in a few weeks (finally - it only took us 10 months).

That's about all the time I have for now folks, so we'll see you next time!

1 comment:

Linds said...

Loved the tangent, I agree with the screaming kids in the store at 10 pm. It's like, put your kids to bed! And your sister Mollee looks beautiful!!