Sunday, December 20, 2009

Catching up...

A picture is worth a thousand words right? So I'm choosing pictures, over writing a lot - and that's what most people would rather see anyway.
I'll start with Miss Peanut's birthday, which happened to fall on Thanksgiving day this year.
I have been putting sponge rollers in her hair now that it's getting long enough and she asks that her hair be "so pwetty" most nights, so for her birthday we wanted her to have so pwetty hair.
And this is the 2 year old I woke up to the next day. Can you sense the terrible two's from this stance. Seriously - we're already getting a taste of them.
We squeezed in a little party with lots of her cousins just before pumpkin pie. I dabbled at making her a cake this year - Mickey Mouse Clubhouse has been a favorite of hers so I went with a toodles cake. I thought it turned out alright.
We gave a Cabbage patch doll and a stroller. She demolished the stroller in days, so we returned it and it has since been replaced with a much sturdier one.
And the Little man spent time just hanging out with his Aunt Mackenzie.

and hanging out with daddy.

Miss Peanut now loves hide and seek - I love the little nose you can see peeking behind the door. Her giggles give her away everytime daddy comes to find her.
And she is still a daddy's girl - and the two of them together is just perfect!

I was so excited to decorate now that I have a mantle this year. I don't know why, but I just love being able to hang stockings there. I have spent many nights up with our little man by the glow of the Christmas lights - it's just so magical to me. I love Christmas time!
First time really playing in the snow! She got to build a snowman - I thought it was in the picture, but it's behind her - it was just a little frosty since we didn't have much snow.
Love the cheeks! And she picked out the boots she is wearing - I gave her a choice between that pair and one other - that is what she picked and she hardly takes them off inside or outside.
We had some friends over and it has been fun to watch our kids becomes friends too!
I found these two sitting on the couch, sharing the bag of chips by the Christmas tree, both with one hand in the bag. By the time I got the camera they had finished the bag, but it was so funny.
And these two handsome kids are about the same size, our little man is just a few ounces heavier and couple months younger. What a chubba!

Miss Peanut is getting to be such a big helper and such a sweet big sister. He has started to grin from ear to ear when he sees her.
See! This just makes me smile from ear to ear too!
Anyway - we're hanging in there - we've had quite a few rough nights with him being colicky, but I think we're on the downhill side of it now. The Holidays have been busy this year with babies and birthdays and family gatherings, but we're enjoying the season! We wish you all a Merry Christmas and hope that you're doing well!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Your kids are so dang cute! They grow up fast, huh?

We really should get together one of these days when we come to Boise! If I didn't have so much family in Boise that we have to visit, it would be a lot easier! But we will try to make it happen! Have a Merry Christmas!

Linds said...

Oh yuck, he has collick? I am SO SORRY! Liza had it and it was horrible. I hope you are done with that soon. Anyway, adorbale pictures.